Monday, September 7, 2009

The Most Important Photograph in My Life:


            The most Important photograph of my life was taken New Years day when I was 14.  The photograph is of 11 friends and me leaning against a cement wall in a parking garage.  The dozen of us in the picture met at summer camp and spent summers and every school vacation together.  Aesthetically, it’s my favorite picture of the group of us.  I like how we’re framed, I like the repetition of the color yellow, I like that every one of us is wearing jeans and a coat.  Beyond the aesthetic value, the photo has remarkably captured everyone’s personality.  It’s not a shallow reflection of who each of us wants to be, posed and ready, but conveys people’s essences.  The picture also reminds me of not only that particular moment but also all the summers and vacations I spent with that group of friends.  My time in their company, in the stress free world that no school often provides, has thus far been the greatest joy in my life and the picture stands for that for me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment